Items from my Etsy shop

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegan iPhone apps review

I recently got an iPod Touch and I love it! I love the fact that it can store all my music and browse the Web much faster and easier than my Blackberry phone (I definitely understand why many people are trading in their Blackberrys for iPhones and Androids. I plan to do so as soon as I can). When I finally managed to take my eyes off of "Angry Birds" (that game is damn addicting!) I found 4 sweet vegan apps that are 100% FREE! Here they are:

21 Day Vegan KickStart:
This app is great for new vegans. It gives you a full meal plan including breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner for 21 days. It also gives you the recipe for each dish that requires one and gives full nutritional info. While I have yet to try any of the recipes, it looks like it'll be a very handy app to have.

VeganYumYum:
This app provides a ton of recipes from the blog of the same name. No need to bring a written grocery list to the store anymore! Just tap the screen and you're ready to shop!

Cruelty-Free:
Part of CaringConsumer.com's Leaping Bunny program, this app provides a list of companies that have pledged not to use animal testing in their products or ingredients. While this list is not inclusive of all cruelty-free companies, it's a great resource for shoppers.

PETA:
The PETA app provides you with all of their current action alerts. With this app you can send an email expressing your displeasure to the offending company with a single tap. You can also let your friends know about the problem via  Facebook or Twitter post without leaving the app. It's not the best app out there, but it's free and informative.

What is your favorite vegan/vegetarian iPhone app? Please share it with us in the comment section. I love learning about useful apps!

No comments:

Post a Comment