Items from my Etsy shop

Monday, October 10, 2011

Favorite Vegan Recipes

I'll start this post by saying that I am fairly new to cooking. I've made a few things from scratch before, but I mostly use prepared foods and the microwave. However, I realize that this is not the healthiest, and every vegan I've spoken to said that learning to cook is a must once you go veggie. So I decided to look up some fast, easy vegan recipes. When researching vegan cooking, I noticed that one cookbook in particular was frequently mentioned as a must have. That book is "Vegan with a Vengeance" By Isa Moskowitz. So I decided to look up the book and found her official website, The Post Punk Kitchen. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she had several free recipes posted on the site. I looked through them and saw one called " Broccoli Curry Udon". It said that the total time was 30 minutes and their are only a few ingredients which are easy to find/ substitute. In fact, the only things that I couldn't find in my supermarket (Wal-Mart) were the udon noodles and coconut milk, so I used spaghetti noodles and cream of coconut instead. I decided to make this meal today and I LOVE IT! It truly is easy to make and tastes great! This would be a great dish to serve to skeptical meat-eaters who think that all vegan food is bland. You should know that this meal is quite hot, so if you don't like spicy food you should cut down on the curry. Anyway, I think that this is one of the best meals that I've had and I'll definitely make it again!

Click here to see the recipe: http://www.theppk.com/2011/01/broccoli-curry-udon/#comment-20244

If you like this recipe, I recommend that you check out her "Vegan With a Vengeance" cookbook. I bought it on Saturday and it is filled with recipes that you cannot find on the site. While I haven't made any of the dishes listed in it yet, I cannot wait to do so.

As a side note, I passed my NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses)! So now I am officially a vegan nurse! I have wanted to be a nurse by whole life, so this is a dream come true for me.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment