Items from my Etsy shop

Friday, April 13, 2012

Vegan Acne Fighters.

According to acne.org, over 1/2 of adult women suffer from acne. I am one of them. Thankfully, my acne is mild but it can still be a problem. Up until a few weeks ago, I was using the typical over the counter drug store acne fighting pads that I had stockpiled before I became a vegan. When I noticed that I was running out of the pads, I took a look at the ingredients and realized that they probably weren't vegan. So I went to Wal-Greens to see if I could find any vegan acne products that didn't cost an arm and a leg. While I was there, I saw a bottle of witch hazel astringent. I decided to go home and do some research before I bought it. I looked it up and saw that many people had found that witch hazel worked very well on their acne. I found a store brand for about $2 and decided to give it a try. Here is what I like about it:

1) It has only two ingredients: witch hazel and alcohol.
2) It has worked well for me. I usually have flare ups right before my period where I get several large white heads/pimples. This month my flare up was much less severe. I only had 2 very small white heads develop.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, natural vegan acne treatment, I highly suggest witch hazel. If you look for it in the store, keep in mind that it is used to treat cuts and scrapes.  Therefore, look in the first aid section if it's not with the skincare products.

In addition to the witch hazel, I also clean my skin by alternating between a facial mask and a cleanser. For the mask I use Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado and Oatmeal Mask. It's a good pore cleanser and best of all, the company is vegan! You can get Freeman products at most major grocery stores.


For the cleanser, I use Aubrey Organics Natural Herbal Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin. It leaves my skin fresh and I like the fact that it is made by a company that is both vegan and made in the state of Florida. You can find this cleanser at local health food stores and online at www.aubrey-organics.com

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment