Items from my Etsy shop

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Product Review: ZenSoy Chocolate and Vanilla Pudding.

  Growing up, I always loved it when I opened my lunchbox to find that my mom had packed me a  pudding cup. I didn't care what flavor the pudding was, I loved them all! Pudding was one of the things that I missed when I went vegan. One day I was walking past the frozen section of my grocery store when I thought that I saw the word "soy" on one of the dessert packages. I took a second look and was very happy to see ZenSoy pudding sitting on the shelf with the word "vegan" on the package! They had three varieties: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Chocolate/Vanilla swirl. Since I love both chocolate and vanilla, I decided to get the swirl cups. This pudding is delicious! It has a rich "creamy" taste. I'd bet that if you gave this to a vegetarian or an omnivore without telling them that it was dairy free, they wouldn't be able to taste the difference. Some of the other things that I like about the ZenSoy company are that they do not use GMOs and donate 5% of all profits to organizations dedicated to protecting pandas. Also, all of their soybeans are US grown and organic. The only thing that I can think of that would make ZenSoy better is if they added tapioca and banana flavors to their line.

If for some reason you can't or don't want to eat soy, there's good news for you! ZenSoy has just released an almond-milk version of the chocolate pudding and a line of vegan gel snacks (neither of which I have tried yet).

I paid just under $3 for a 4 pack at my local Publix (a mainstream chain store in the South). It's a bit pricey, but if you want to treat yourself, I think it's worth it. If you can't find the products in your local supermarket, you can order them online at zensoy.com The site also has a store locator. Amazon.com lists the puddings as "coming soon" and will allow you to sign up to be notified when they are ready to ship.

Have a wonderful Easter and I'll talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment