Items from my Etsy shop

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thai Crystal Deodorant Stone Review

A few days ago, I developed an allergy to the patchouli scented deodorant that I posted about a few days go. That meant that I had to throw it out and start my search for a vegan deodorant all over again. I remembered seeing an interesting product at my local health food store called Thai Deodorant Stone, so I decided to research it a bit. I found the stone on Amazon.com and saw that it had lots of favorable reviews, so I decided to go down the the store and purchase one. I have worn it for two days now, and so far I really like it. It's MUCH more effective than the patchouli scented deodorant, that's for sure! I worked out in my yard in 80 degree heat for about 30-45 minutes and it held up very well. The stone is made of 100% mineral salt and the company that makes it (Deodorant Stones LLC) proudly states in large letters on their front page that they are against all forms of animal testing. The stone is aluminum free although it does contain potassium alum, which is similar to but not the same as the aluminum chloride in conventional deodorant/anti-perspirants. The deodorant comes in several different forms: a small and large stone, small and large stick (exactly the same as the stone, but in a holder), roll-on, spray, and powder. The stones are a bit pricey, ranging from $4 for the small stone to $10 for the largest. However, it should be noted that the Deodorant Stone website says that the travel sized stone lasts over three months and the largest stone lasts over a year. If those claims are true, you will definitely get your money's worth! Overall, I think that the Thai Deodorant stone is a good product and I recommend it.














Where to buy:
Most health food stores
www.deodorantstones.com
http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Deodorant-Stone-Stick-4-25/dp/B000AN1JEI

1 comment:

  1. Underarm odour is caused primarily by resident bacteria, no matter what you ate. Most (non-aluminum)Crystal Deodorant mineral salts will create a hostile
    environment where the critters cannot thrive.

    ReplyDelete